DELIVERING DELECTABLE DISHES DAY & NIGHT!

My immediate family has dealt with lactose intolerance, IBS, auto immune disorders and fatal cancer. From Fall '09-Summer 2010 I went from running 1/2 marathons to not being able to get out of bed, plagued with intense headaches, exhaustion and more. With my family history and my own immune system comprimised I was motivated to take a bit of a journey to better health. Slowly I've made considerable changes, (I'm not always 100% vigilant), but I know these changes have helped me return to better health...FOOD CHANGES: I cut out gluten, cut out most dairy, cut down on the "white stuff"-sugar, white rice & flour, decreased the amount of processed foods consumed, drink green smoothies regularly, eliminated red meat and eat more vegetarian and vegan dishes...just to name a few!

I use gluten free (GF) pasta and either a whole grain blend by Nalani Brown or a mix from Kathy Taylor for most bread, cake and cookie recipes-they are awesome! (If you like Kathy's mix, email me to order her cookbook at ishagirlclub@gmail.com.)

GF mix can be substituted straight across for regular flour if you aren't cooking gluten free!

Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Kale & Sweet Potato Hash *

1 T oil (EVOO, avacado or coconut work well)
1 bunch of kale (enough to fill a large skillet), cut into thin slices or bite size peices
1-2 cloves garlic, minced 
Salt and Pepper (S&P) to taste (I like couple shakes of lemon pepper on the kale)
1 large sweet potato, skinned, cubed & oven roasted

1. Roast sweet potato for 20-25 min at 425 (may coat with a little oil and S&P)
2. With about 10min left in oven, begin heating oil in pan. 
Add kale and cook till glistening and bright.
Add garlic, S&P
Cook till kale is tender
3. Add roasted sweet potatoes and stir till all combined

*Eat as is or empty skillet and fry up a couple eggs and top the hash with the fried eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment