DELIVERING DELECTABLE DISHES DAY & NIGHT!

My immediate family has dealt with lactose intolerance, IBS, auto immune disorders and fatal cancer. From Fall '09-Summer 2010 I went from running 1/2 marathons to not being able to get out of bed, plagued with intense headaches, exhaustion and more. With my family history and my own immune system comprimised I was motivated to take a bit of a journey to better health. Slowly I've made considerable changes, (I'm not always 100% vigilant), but I know these changes have helped me return to better health...FOOD CHANGES: I cut out gluten, cut out most dairy, cut down on the "white stuff"-sugar, white rice & flour, decreased the amount of processed foods consumed, drink green smoothies regularly, eliminated red meat and eat more vegetarian and vegan dishes...just to name a few!

I use gluten free (GF) pasta and either a whole grain blend by Nalani Brown or a mix from Kathy Taylor for most bread, cake and cookie recipes-they are awesome! (If you like Kathy's mix, email me to order her cookbook at ishagirlclub@gmail.com.)

GF mix can be substituted straight across for regular flour if you aren't cooking gluten free!

Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Simple Lime Dressing

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T (scant) agave
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and enjoy over Mexican style or Thai chop green salad, southwest pasta salad etc

No comments:

Post a Comment