DELIVERING DELECTABLE DISHES DAY & NIGHT!

My immediate family has dealt with lactose intolerance, IBS, auto immune disorders and fatal cancer. From Fall '09-Summer 2010 I went from running 1/2 marathons to not being able to get out of bed, plagued with intense headaches, exhaustion and more. With my family history and my own immune system comprimised I was motivated to take a bit of a journey to better health. Slowly I've made considerable changes, (I'm not always 100% vigilant), but I know these changes have helped me return to better health...FOOD CHANGES: I cut out gluten, cut out most dairy, cut down on the "white stuff"-sugar, white rice & flour, decreased the amount of processed foods consumed, drink green smoothies regularly, eliminated red meat and eat more vegetarian and vegan dishes...just to name a few!

I use gluten free (GF) pasta and either a whole grain blend by Nalani Brown or a mix from Kathy Taylor for most bread, cake and cookie recipes-they are awesome! (If you like Kathy's mix, email me to order her cookbook at ishagirlclub@gmail.com.)

GF mix can be substituted straight across for regular flour if you aren't cooking gluten free!

Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Dairy Free Stroganoff

(Dairy Free) Ground Beef Stroganoff
 
Ingredients
  • 1 16-ounce package GF noodles (I like rotini)
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 2 cup coconut milk, divided
  • 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules (2 cubes)
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • Salt & pepper
  • Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (I liked to pile it on)
  • package of shittake or white button mushrooms, sliced into bite size pieces and sauteed in non-dairy butter (ie soy free EARTH BALANCE)
Instructions
  1. Prepare noodles according to package directions.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef. Remove from pan, keeping about 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan. Set meat aside.
  3. Add the onions to the pan and season liberally with salt & pepper. Sauté until translucent and soft - about 5 minutes - stirring frequently.
  4. Add the beef broth, 1½ cups of coconut milk, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
  5. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining coconut milk and flour. Whisk into the pan.
  6. Return the beef to the pan and simmer until the noodles are ready. (Add mushrooms if desired.)
  7. Toss the noodles to coat evenly with the sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper and garnish with parsley before serving.

Slightly altered from: www.simplywhisked.com/dairy-free-ground-beef-stroganoff

No comments:

Post a Comment